Seon is one of the two first OFTP2 systems in the world which has been certified in Odette's OFTP2 interoperability tests. We are an active member of the OFTP2 expert working group at Odette. There are several other reasons why you should choose Seon:
- It simply works: You can expect a working OFTP2 solution. Against everything you may have experienced before with other solutions: Seon does the job.
- Reliable: Seon is designed to run in the background for years. Once started, it doesn\'t allocate more resources than needed, it doesn\'t grow over time. All mechanisms run the same, once smoothly configured.
- Easy installation: We offer an installation wizard which lets you install Seon within a minute (depending on your computer performance). You can also install the system by manually extracting the archive with the help of the online documentation.
- Easy updates: Same as the installation process, you can use the automatic software update mechanism which offers a functionality to installation updates automatically, semi-automatically or manually. You can also enlist yourself on the official update server and configure automatic periodically update checks.
- Fast release cycles: Because the amount of software updates is unlimited, we deliver new versions very fast. You won\'t have to wait long for new functionality, bugfixes or security fixes.
Power for you
- Growing functionality based on your demands: If you have an idea for a feature request, we're open minded to hear from you. We will implement new features as fast as possible (sometimes within one business day, depending on the impact of the change). Automatic updates help you to achieve a fast availability of all these features.
- Easily self-maintainable: No fees for editing entities (like other software products request; you won't believe that this really exists).
- Virtualization support: Seon can run smoothly on any virtualization environment you want. Support for VMware environments is explicitly given, for any other the independent OVA ("Open Virtualization Archive") is available, too. Tested environments are all VMware products, Citrix XenServer, Oracle VirtualBox, all Parallels products and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Instant startup: Using our pre-configured, ready-to-run free virtualized image, you can start using Seon within minutes. We offer a free emergency license via e-mail for testing purposes online.
Many free features and services:
- Free OFTP2 certificate: Every Seon customer can obtain one free OFTP2 certificate, issued by our certified OFTP2 CA. This CA is included in Odette's list of trusted certificates, so you won't have any trouble using it.
- Free data migration: Seon offers a free partner data migration from external systems, like DaxWare, Eurex-C, WinElke and SWAN. Partner and job data migration is available for DDX systems, too.
- Free initial setup support: We will help you until your system is fully working.
- Cost-free license migration: You can switch your installation from one system to another. If you need a new license for your new target machine, you get it without any cost. Even better: you can switch your license instantly online!
- Unlimited bandwidth and amount of channels: Seon doesn't limit your data transfer channels, neither in bandwidth nor in amount of used channels. The only limit is your external bandwidth.
- No file size and file count limitation: Seon doesn't limit your transferred file size or amount of files. You can transport as many files as you want.
- Full OFTP2 and OFTP1.x support: As one of the first Odette certified OFTP2 system in the world, Seon supports the full functionality of OFTP2. For backward compatibility reasons, OFTP1.x is fully supported, too, so you can seamlessly communicate with OFTP1.x and OFTP2 partners from one system.
- ISDN support via local CAPI installation or RemoteCAPI protocol: For ISDN communication partners, Seon supports the usage of an unlimited amount of locally installed CAPI controllers (Linux only) or RemoteCAPI controllers reachable via TCP/IP network. You can also use remotely installed RemoteCAPI devices, i.e. to implement least cost routing.
- Aesthetic web interface: Seon offers an easy-to-use HTML5 web interface, providing desktop application-like behavior. Using newest web technologies, you can use the web interface on any device which can contact your Seon webserver.
- Human-readable logs and messages: Because you don't want to interpret error numbers, we also provide the human-interpretable error message in all logs.
- Complete logging: Seon saves all logs in the database, making it easily searchable, sortable and manageable. Everything and every situation is contained within these logs. Seon also gives advice what to change in defective situations. This makes troubleshooting even easier.
- Always up-to-date online documentation: The always updated online documentation, also reachable and linked from the web interface, contains everything you will need for understanding the system.
- Great support for in-house 3rd-party systems: Seon is highly configurable, so you can adopt it to other systems in a very comfortable way.
- Free statistics: Traffic statistics are included in Seon, so you can get all the information about transfer speeds and history within seconds.
Seon Enterprise also supports:
- Other send protocol support: Not only OFTP2 is supported for sending files, but also other protocols like FTP, WebDAV, SFTP etc. You can even implement your own protocol definition on your own.
- Local processes and CAD system integration: Seon Webaccess offers the possibility to interconnect local processes, defined by the system administrator, for file preparation. For example, you can connect CatiaV5 functionality with Seon on the client-side.
- Optional local decompression: Seon Webaccess offers the functionality to decompress known file archives (like ZIP, TAR, RAR and others) locally. Users can enable or disable this feature for future file transactions.
- Unlimited file upload: Seon Webaccess supports latest HTML5 technology for unlimited file size uploads. No more hassle with 2GB limits as other systems, Seon dynamically uses this functionality wherever available.
- "Fire and forget": End-users can prepare send jobs, which will be processed in the background automatically when all required files are uploaded. With where very big files, the sender can initiate the upload and send process, leave the office while Seon takes care of the send job. When all files are uploaded, the job is run on server-side, no interaction is required.
Seon comes in several editions with two different levels of solutions. Starting from reliable OFTP2 managed file transfers including basic automated tasks, other features may extend the functionality of your installation. Find out which Seon edition is the perfect one for you, updating is possible anytime!